If you’ve followed knitters on Instagram you probably haven’t been able to miss the #makenine2019 challenge. I came across it for the first time in 2018 but wasn’t feeling up to it. This year I would LOVE to be able to knit myself and the boys nine whole things, but it might not happen, which is why my “make nine” is more like a dream than a goal. But, if I’d include some WIPs that have been or are on my needles, and include things for myself and the boys as well, it just might happen…
So, here are the things I hope to finish this year:
- No Frills Sweater by PetiteKnit for myself
- Bamsesweater by PetiteKnit for M
- Bamsesweater by PetiteKnit for D
- Poet by Sari Nordlund for myself
- Curvo by Sachiko Burgin for myself
- Abbott Sweater by Michele Wang for myself
- Chunky beanie by Rouheaknits (shameless!) for D
- Lady Soul Sweater by Wool and the Gang for myself (already got the kit)
- ARNE by Clare Mountain for myself
I just started knitting the No Frills Sweater with 2 beautiful yarns, and there’s this “just a few more stitches” -feeling I love so much. I think it’s a perfect mindless knit which you can make interesting and truly yours with your choice of yarn. I think I’ll have to make a whole post about the sweater when I’m finished with it.
I also have M’s Bamsesweater on the needles and will get started on the Chunky beanie for D really soon. I have yarns for Poet and Lady Soul Sweater (LDS), but I’m a bit tempted to use the LDS-yarns for a design of my own. We’ll see!
Have you planned your projects for the year or do you have any dream-projects in mind?